4 Homemade Foods To Serve in Family Parties
Do you know that you can surprise your family by preparing delicious meals for them when they come together for an occasion? Don’t panic yet. I know you are wondering where to start or the kind of foods you can prepare for your whole family.
Cheer up! In this article, I am going to be sharing five delicious homemade foods to serve in family parties. Remember, no one is expecting you to cook like Gordon Ramsey of Hell’s Kitchen or Joel Robuchon with thirty-one stars. All they need is something healthy, delicious with a touch of love from you.
Start with any of the following five homemade foods.
Spaghetti al Pesto
Save your money for the next family party by making pesto at home. Although basil is not available all year round if you make a large quantity during the summer freeze in small containers, you can enjoy pesto the whole year.
The ingredients for 4 members of your family:
- Spaghetti 1 lb.
- Peeled garlic 2 cloves
- Packed basil leaves 2 cups
- Pine nuts 2 tablespoons
- Olive oil(extra-virgin) ½ cup
- Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese 1/3 cup( freshly grated)
- Pecorino cheese 2 tablespoon (freshly grated)
- Boil water in a large pot and add salt
- Add garlic, pine nuts and basil in your food processor. Pulse like four times to chop thoroughly.
- Then add your cheese to the mix and allow it to mix very well
- While your food processor is still on, gradually introduce your olive oil till it does mix very well with the other ingredients till it becomes smooth
- Add pepper and salt to taste
- When the water starts boiling, add your pasta and allow to cook very well. Drain the water but reserve at least 1 cup.
- Bring a large bowl and pour the pasta there. Incorporate the pesto. If the food is thicker than you want, add the cooking water you reserved. Mix all together and your family dinner is ready.
- Sweet potato filled with steak fajita
You can prepare the right quantity depending on the size of your family.
- Sweet potatoes 4 tubers
- Olive oil 2 tablespoons +
- Lime 1
- Chili powder- 2 tablespoon
- Garlic powder- 1 tablespoon
- Ground cumin- 1 tablespoon
- Lean beef 500g
- Onions 2 (thinly sliced)
- Thinly sliced orange, red and yellow pepper 4 pieces
- Coriander small handful (chopped)
- Avocados 2 (sliced into two and peeled)
- Heat your oven to reach 220C or 200C with fan/gas 7
- You can then proceed with washing the sweet potatoes
- Use a fork to prick the washed sweet potatoes all over the body
- Rub-on a little olive oil on the sweet potatoes and add seasoning generously.
- Cover each of the sweet potatoes with a tin foil
- Then bake them placed on the baking tray
- Allow them to bake for at least 45 to 55 minutes.
If you have to make the marinade, you have to follow these steps
- Add lime juice, cumin, chili powder, one tablespoon of olive oil, garlic powder and a large quantity of seasoning in a bowl.
- Mix all the ingredients together
- You can then pour half of the marinade into a second bowl
- Put the steak inside one of the bowls and mix them thoroughly
- Add pepper and onions to the other bowl and mix them well to make sure that it is well-coated.
- Then cover the two bowls with cling film
- Put in your fridge to chill until you need it.
When it is remaining about 20 minutes to cook the sweet potatoes, you should;
- Bring out your remaining one tablespoon of olive oil and pour into a big frying pan to heat.
- Use only medium temperature for the heating
- Add the mixture of onion and pepper
- Allow it to cook for about 12 to 15 minutes
- String it regularly until you are sure that they have softened and started to shine and brown.
- Turn it onto a plate and clean the frying pan with kitchen paper
- Add steak and allow cooking for three to five minutes.
- Stir it regularly
- Put in onions and pepper again inside the pan
- Allow it to sit there for some minutes before you serve
- Bring the food out of the heat and turn it with the coriander
Grind your avocado inside a bowl with the fork and sprinkle a generous pinch of salt. Also, add the remaining coriander. When you are ready to serve the food;
- Divide each of the sweet potatoes into two in length
- Grind the inside using a fork
- Add one spoonful of your mixture of steak fajita together with the grounded avocado on it and start eating.
Arugula and Beef Strips, cherry tomatoes and Parmigiano Reggiano
This meat dish is very tasty, looks beautiful and easy to cook. The food is very appealing to the eyes especially with the green arugula, red steak, and red tomatoes.
If you want to prepare a dinner for your family, get the following:
- Boneless sirloin steak 1 lb.
- Arugula 5 oz.
- Parmigiano Reggiano (to taste)
- Cherry tomatoes 12 oz.
- Garlic cloves 2 ( peeled, smashed)
- Large shallots 3
- Olive oil 1/3 (extra-virgin)
- Balsamic vinegar 1/3 cup
- Black Pepper and salt to taste.
- Prepare arugula on a plate
- Pour olive oil into a big frying pan and heat
- Apply medium-high temperature on the garlic and cook until it becomes golden color.
- Remove the garlic and replace it with meat immediately
- Add pepper and salt and turn it with tongs to enable even coloring
- Leave it for one minute and organize the steak on the arugula
- Pour vinegar and shallots in the frying pan
- Allow it to cook for one minute at a medium temperature
- Add tomatoes and allow it to cook for a minute also
- Allow your sauce to thicken slightly
- Then add pepper and salt
- Sprinkle the steak with dressing and cover it with the shaved Parmigiano.
- Then serve it at once.
The New Potato Traybake with Curried Chicken
This dish is a good simple to prepare healthy food which is the best food you can prepare for your family’s supper. It is highly nutritional in that when served; you are sure of eating a balanced diet.
- Chicken drumstick 8 pieces
- Olive oil 3 tablespoonful
- Garlic paste 1 tablespoon
- Ginger paste 1 tablespoon
- Turmeric 1 tablespoon
- Natural yogurt 150ml
- New potatoes 500g halved
- Big potatoes 4 roughly cut
- Pure red onion 1 neatly cut
- Coriander roughly cut little pack
- Put the chicken drumstick in a big bowl
- Add one tablespoon of olive oil, turmeric, garam masala, ginger and 2 tablespoons of the natural yogurt.
- Use your hands to mix them until they are coated
- Allow it to marinate for about 30 minutes
- Then heat your oven up to 180 Centigrade or 160 Centigrade
Afterwards, bring a wide roasting tin, put your potatoes, add oil, seasoning, chicken drumstick and then bake together for forty-forty-five minutes till it turns a golden color.
Then, scatter the onion, coriander, tomatoes over the potatoes and chicken and serve together with the yogurt.
This is a help-yourself kind of food that is very fast when you want to organize a family party but too choked with time.
- Uncooked rice 400g
- Tuna 400g
- Petits Pois (defrosted) 200g
- Red pepper 2 (peeled, deseeded and diced)
- Spring onions 5 (finely sliced)
- Flat-leaf parsley 1 bunch (Chopped)
- Green olives A handful
- Mayonnaise 4 tablespoon
- Lemon 1 (juiced)
- Olive oil 2 tbsp. (extra-virgin)
- Cook your rice and pour in a mixing bowl
- Add the Tuna, peas, tomatoes, peppers, parsley, spring onions and the olives if available
- Add the mayonnaise, olive oil, lemon juice and stir
- Cover the mixing bowl and serve during the party
There are many other recipes you can prepare for your family party. Depending on what everybody loves to eat, you can prepare varieties, or you can stick to one food which everybody will enjoy.